After eleven nauseating hours on an airplane and eighteen hours of catch-up and recuperating sleep, I’m back.
A Gift Held, Passed By, Sat With
25. +30 second hugs mean something. Thanks, Grandma.
26. Washington, D.C. is not known to be the friendliest of places, but the man at Dulles International Airport who helped this single mom of two little ones grab all her bags and then usher them to the passenger pick-up area accepting only a heartfelt, “Thank you.” is definitely a gift for all of us to see.
27. The person sitting next to me from HNL to DFW (eight hours of suppressing vomit) was the kindest even when we disagreed on pretty much everything under the sun. He was also kind enough to make sure that whenever turbulence occurred that I wasn’t puking, or near puking, and I’m sure he would have held back my hair if it came to it. Thanks. Thank you for letting me sleep.
A Gift Sour, Sweet, Just Right
28. I like limes. Haven’t had any recently but they are a delight!
29. Mint chocolate chip ice cream from Baskin Robbins. Oh my GOODNESS!
30. Guacamole. You can’t go wrong with guacamole.
3 Yellow Gifts of Fresh Mercy
31. A Dallas Sunrise
32. Sometimes even dried up bits are just enough.
33. I’m having a hard time with yellow because seeing it makes me anxious… New, clean yellow shirts?
Something Above, Below, Beside
34. A clean, short, and cozy haircut and no grays! Yay for being in my early twenties!
35. Socks. Toe socks to be exact.
36. Hand-licking love from a maltie-poo.